Sandia NL: upcoming on campus recruitment and job opportunities
Job opportunities at Sandia National Laboratories
Recruiters (including NCSU math alum Brian Adams) from Sandia National Laboratories, a Department of Energy laboratory with sites in NM and CA, will be in NC the week of November 12 to recruit top students.
We will recruit graduate students at the NC MS/PhD Career Fair on Tue, Nov 13.
Brian Adams will conduct a mathematics and statistics-specific information session including a brief overview of SNL’s mission, R&D areas, and opportunities in mathematics, statistics, and computational science. Details:
Wed, Nov 14, 3:00-4:00PM
2106 SAS Hall
Coffee/tea and cookies preceding at 2:30-3:00PM in SAS 4201
Brian will also hold optional one-on-one meetings with highly qualified Mathematics and Statistics students to discuss the following types of positions:
- Regular staff Positions (MS or PhD degrees)
- Post-Doctoral Researcher Positions (PhD degrees)
- Summer or Year Round Internships (undergraduate or graduate)
For more information about current job postings, please see the following site: http://www.sandia.gov/careers/index.html Please note that many of these positions have the following requirements:
- US citizenship for positions that require security clearance or as stated specifically in the individual job posting.
- For internship positions, cumulative GPAs for all degrees must be above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- For staff and post doc positions, there is no minimum GPA, though GPAs may be considered
Students can set up a profile at the above link and have the jobs tool email them when certain jobs open with a set of keywords, like “intern” or “post doc” or a discipline-specific term.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to send Brian Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org) a CV or resume, together with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices for a 30 min meeting time from the following options. Please make sure to include GPAs for all degrees and references on all resumes. Available meeting times:
- Mon, Nov 12: 2:30p, 3:15p, 4:00p, 4:45p, 5:30p
- Wed, Nov 14: 8:00a, 8:45a, 9:30a, 10:15a; 1:45p, 4:30p, 5:15p
Once a schedule is set, students will be notified of their timeslot and meeting location.