Deadline to Register 2/1/16 for 6th Annual Undergraduate Speed Data-ing
STUDENT REGISTRATION FOR EVENT CLOSES ON 2/1/17
6th Annual Undergraduate Research Speed-Dataing Event
An academic networking twist on speed dating!
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
4:00-5:15pm Check In
3 Rounds Beginning at 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Talley Student Center Ballroom
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN CLICK HERE!
This event is open to all NC State undergraduate students, but will be most beneficial to freshman and sophomores interested in learning about undergraduate research.
Be open to exploring disciplines that you may not previously have considered. Those who do not per-register will be added on site and may not be able to speak with the representative form the discipline that they prefer.
Light refreshments will be served during the event.
Have Your NC State ID available at check in.
What to expect:
- Casual setting to meet faculty members from across campus
- Faculty members will share types of research in departments/programs on campus
- Discover research occurring on campus in different disciplines
- Learn about the role of undergraduate researchers in various departments
- Explore different interests for multiple research opportunities
- A fabulous NETWORKING opportunity!
What NOT to expect:
- Information or placement within specific research or lab positions on campus
- An interview: this is not a job fair opportunity
- Information on specific research projects. Faculty may or may not share information on specific research projects
- Representation from all departments and disciplines. While we try to have as many as possible, we are not able to accommodate each department and major on campus.
Event sponsored by the Undergraduate Research Student Advisory Council (URSAC) and the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR)
If you have questions after reading all the above, please contact the OUR via email