The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) through the Division of Academic & Student Affairs (DASA) will provide research grants ranging in amounts from $500 up to $2,500* to undergraduate students for research projects for the Summer semesters. The number of grants given is determined by amount of funding available at the time the selection process occurs. Proposals are reviewed by faculty/post-docs within the home college of the mentor.
Requirements and Restrictions:
- Students wishing to apply for the NC State Undergraduate Research Grants should:
- The research must be done during the Summer.
- It is expected that the research be your focus over the summer; not attending classes.
- ONLY NC State University active/registered undergraduates may apply.
- If you graduate in May prior to the next summer semester, you are not eligible for grant funding for the Summer
- Students must submit proposals online for the grants.
- During that process, students will upload their proposal form and provide budget information online
- Grants will be given to both single student and team proposals.
- If a team submits a proposal, a team leader should be selected to register and submit the proposal using the team proposal and team budget forms.
CLICK HERE for more information and forms
Submission period begins on February 8, 2017, for the Summer 2017 OUR Grant and ACC Fellowship submissions. The deadline to submit your completed application is on March 15, 2017 AT 5:00 PM. Students will be notified by late April or early May concerning the grant decisions.
PLEASE NOTE: All summer grants are paid directly to the students and will NOT be sent to mentors. The maximum grant for the Spring semester is $2,500 *ACC Fellowships or $2,000 OUR Grant.
- Undergraduate News