The NC State Annual Spring Undergraduate Research Symposium will be held in April 12th 2017 at the Talley Student Center.
There will be two sessions of poster only presentations, which will be judged* by College and Discipline representatives; along with 2 sessions of creative works exhibits. The top presentations, as selected by the judges, will receive a certificate and are invited to a reception by the local chapter of Sigma Xi.
The NC State Spring Undergraduate Research Symposium is open to all undergraduate NC State University students that have worked with NC State mentors or who are NC State undergraduate students who have worked with faculty at other colleges and universities. Participants in formal undergraduate research programs at NC State University are welcome to participate as well.
NEW FOR 2017! Addition of Creative Works to the Annual Undergraduate Research Spring Symposium
The spring undergraduate research symposium will provide those with creative or visual projects to display those works during the event. Students within the arts, textiles and design programs, for which a poster presentation format does not accurately convey the project, will be accepted to choose to exhibit. Space will be limited and not all requests to present as an exhibit may be accepted. Those not selected to present as an exhibit may choose to create a poster presentation and present in that format. At this time we are unable to accommodate performances or performance art.
Criteria for Creative Works:
- Projects should be a visual art and/or design project. (Projects will typically come from the College of Design and/or the College of Textiles)
- Projects which do not use engineering design process or scientific method.
- Projects must be able to be set up the day of the event and taken down at the end of the event.
- Projects should take up no more than 1.5 meters x 1.5 meters (5’x5′) of floor space. All displays must be freestanding or able to sit on a 5’ table. Exhibits will not be able to be hung nor suspended from any walls or ceilings. A foam board (3’x4′) and easel will be provided if needed. There will not be any electricity available in exhibit locations.
- The number of exhibits/projects will be limited due to space. It may be necessary for the OUR to select a limited number of exhibits and registration does not guarantee participation.
Please see the FAQ Page for answers to most common questions, event information and restrictions.
SPRING 2017 REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY OPEN, CLICK HERE!
Deadline to Complete Registration*: March 28, 2017 at 11:59pm
PLEASE NOTE: This is a brand new site that we are using for the registration and if you experience any difficulties please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond to emails within 48 hours during normal business operation (M-F 8a-5p).
*Students may choose to not have their project judged.
9:45-10:15am Check In for Presenters (Student ID’s Needed)
10am Doors Open
10:30-12pm Session 1 – Posters and Student Exhibits
12-12:30pm Break and Check In for Presenters (Student ID’s Needed)
12:30-2pm Session 2 – Posters and Student Exhibits
- Undergraduate News