Annual Undergraduate Research Speed Data-ing Event
An academic networking twist on speed dating!
Tuesday – November 6, 2018
4:45-5:15pm Check In (Bring NC State ID)
3 Rounds Beginning at 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Hunt Library – Duke Energy Rooms A-D
Registration Highly Encouraged
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: 10/29/2018**
This event is open to all NC State undergraduate students, but will be most beneficial to freshman and sophomores interested in learning about undergraduate research at NC State University. Pre-registration is highly encouraged.
Be open to exploring disciplines that you may not previously have considered. Please read the What to Expect and What Not to Expect below prior to registering.
If you wish to attend the event and you miss the registration deadline**, there will be on site registration for the event if space is available*, you will need to check in by 5:15pm. Students who register onsite may not be able to be matched with their preferred choice of programs so we highly recommend you registering online by the deadline.
This event was rescheduled from its original September 26, 2018 date and the location has changed.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE OCT 29 for students and department representatives
What to expect:
- Casual setting to meet faculty members from across campus
- Faculty members will share types of research in departments/programs on campus
- Discover research occurring on campus in different disciplines
- Learn about the role of undergraduate researchers in various departments
- Explore different interests for multiple research opportunities
- A fabulous NETWORKING opportunity!
What NOT to expect:
- Information or placement within specific research or lab positions on campus
- An interview: this is not a job fair opportunity
- Information on specific research projects. Faculty may or may not share information on specific research projects
- Representation from all departments and disciplines. While we try to have as many as possible, we are not able to accommodate each department and major on campus.
Event sponsored by the Undergraduate Research Club (URClub) and the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR)
If you have questions after reading all the above, please contact the OUR via email
*based on capacity safety regulations for the Talley Ballroom
- Undergraduate News