Ag & Sciences Career Expo (Your Career Fair) – THURSDAY, Oct. 3rd
The College of Sciences is excited about the upcoming Ag & Sciences Career Expo (formerly STEAM² Career Expo), which will be held, THURSDAY, October 3rd from 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM at Talley Student Union (Ballrooms).
Companies attending the Career Expo are looking for College of Sciences and CALS majors. To see the list of companies attending the career fair, visit: go.ncsu.edu/AgSciExpo
Wondering how to prepare for the upcoming career fair?
– Update your information in ePACK. Your name tag for the career fair will print with information pulled from the website.
– Look for Career Fair Prep workshops in ePACK.
– Visit the Career Development Center in Pullen Hall. Career Counselors are there to assist you with your resume and other career counseling needs. To make an appointment, please sign up for times through ePACK.
The CDC also has WALK IN HOURS Monday – Friday from 11am-2pm (last check-in at 1:45pm)! A great time to stop in if you have a quick career-related question.
Tips to Prepare for the Career Fair
– Dress Professionally
– Research companies you are interested in before attending the career fair
– Bring multiple copies of your resume (to see example resumes, visit the CDC website).
The following opportunities will also be at the Career Fair
– Book bag Check (check your book bag so you don’t have to carry it in the expo). We’ll have signs to direct you.
– “Polish your Elevator Pitch” station (talk to them before you meet employers)
– Professional photos taken by a professional photographer (for you LinkedIn account)
*Please bring your student ID to register at the check-in table when you arrive.
*Please download the “NC State Career Fair Plus” in the App Store or Google Play (it will have the companies and a map of the venue).