NIEHS Scholars Connect Program
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Scholars Connect Program (NSCP) is designed to provide a unique opportunity for highly motivated science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) focused undergraduate students to solidly connect with NIEHS and receive frontier-level training in biomedical research.
Students in NSCP have an opportunity for hands-on mentored research experiences, as well as professional and personal development. The Program is committed to encouraging students to pursue careers in scientific investigation, both basic and clinical. Scientists at NIEHS are committed to sharing with students and educators the intensity, excitement, sense of discipline, and tremendous satisfaction that careers in science can impart to those who pursue them.
The Program offers:
- An academic-year (3 semesters) paid biomedical research internship
- Career mentoring from NIEHS investigators
- An opportunity to present findings to the NIEHS community, and at other conferences
- Opportunities to attend scientific talks by leading investigators, as well as specially designed professional and career development seminars.
STIPEND: ~$2000/Month (Summer Connection)
STIPEND: ~$800/Month (Fall and Spring Connections)
TIME COMMITMENT: Full-time internship (40 hours/week) during the summer connection; Part-time (15 hours/week) during the Fall and Spring Connections.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (no exceptions)
- Live within commuting distance of Research Triangle Park, North Carolina area.
- Currently enrolled, full-time or part-time (at least half-time) in a degree granting program as a junior or senior in an Undergraduate STEM major
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or above in STEM courses
- Strong interest or pursuing studies in disciplines related to biomedical research
For additional information visit: https://www.niehs.nih.gov/careers/research/scholars/index.cfm
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 12, 2020