Johns Hopkins CTY – Summer Mathematics Teaching Opportunities
Summer 2020 Employment Opportunities:
Mathematics Instructors and Teaching Assistants
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is seeking instructors and teaching assistants for our summer programs. CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. Positions are available at residential and day sites at colleges, universities, and schools on the East and West coasts, as well as internationally in Hong Kong.
(For a full list of sites, visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.html.)
We are currently seeking individuals with expertise in a number of mathematics-related subjects, including courses such as:
- Mathematical Logic
- Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
- Game Theory
- Mathematical Modeling
- Combinatorics and Graph Theory
- Robotics and Computer Science
- The Mathematics of Money
A full list of mathematics courses can be found at cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/courses.
Why teach for CTY?
- share your passion for mathematics with highly motivated and talented students
- be a part of an intellectual community
- develop your teaching skills in a supportive, collegial environment
- work alongside dedicated educators from around the world
- limited class size (15 students), plus an instructor and assistant for each class, ensures a low student-teacher ratio
- competitive salary plus room and board at our residential sites
2020 Program Core Dates
- Session 1: June 25 – July 18
- Session 2: July 18 – August 8
For a full list of locations and dates, please visit cty.jhu.edu/jobs/summer/sites_dates.
Terms of Employment
- Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 – $6,000 for instructors and $2,540 for TAs
- Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel is provided to Hong Kong.
- Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
- Instructor candidates have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
To fill out an online application: use requisition 19636 at the JHU Jobs website.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.