High Performance Computing for Manufacturing Internship Program – Apply Today!
Now accepting applications for 2021 EERE HPC4Mfg Summer Internships
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) High Performance Computing for Manufacturing (HPC4Mfg) Internship Program is a 10-week summer internship program for students majoring in a field related to high performance computing.
Why should I apply?
As an intern, you will perform research-level computational activities and gain a competitive edge as you apply your education, talent, and skills to research and development projects focused on high performance computing (HPC). You will also be able to establish connections with DOE scientists and subject matter experts that promote long-term relationships between yourself, researchers, and DOE.
What are the benefits?
- Undergraduate students $600 per week
- Graduate students $750 per week
- Travel reimbursement up to $1,000, if eligible
- Housing allowance of $150/week, if eligible
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old by May 1, 2021.
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Recent graduate: Have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree in the past two years in a discipline related to high performance computing.
- Undergraduate Student: Be enrolled as a full-time student as a junior or senior at a U.S. accredited college or university during winter/spring 2021 and be pursuing a degree in a discipline related to high performance computing.
- Graduate Student: Be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at a U.S. accredited college or university during winter/spring 2021 and be pursuing a degree in a discipline related to high performance computing.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at
Application and recommendations are due February 1, 2021, 4:00 PM EST.
For more information
Contact us at HPC@orise.orau.gov.
The EERE HPC4Mfg Internship Program is sponsored by the Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO).
Please share this information with friends and colleagues who may be interested in opportunities with DOE.