BSM Summer 2021 REU Online Application Available
BSM is excited to offer a non-credit Summer 2021 REU online learning opportunity during this challenging time as our in-person study abroad program was canceled due to COVID-19. We are accepting applications from undergraduate students and recent graduates of North American Colleges and Universities in the Math Community to participate. Please share this with any students you think may be interested and eligible. https://www.
Application deadline for all required components is May 15th, 2021
Decisions will be emailed to students by May 24th, 2021
BSM Undergraduate Research Application Components:
- BSM Application found here: APPLY HERE
- 1 Mathematics Faculty recommendation letter (email link/form is automatically sent to faculty)
- Unofficial transcript emailed to BSM North American office, budpapesemesters@
- Submit solutions to a research problem directly to the BSM Professor found here: https://www.bsmath.hu/
BSM Hungarian REU Program Link https://www.bsmath.hu/
- REU Program Description
- REU Program Logistics
- List of Problems
To be eligible, students must normally (there ARE exceptions):
- have completed one semester of Real Analysis (a first course in the Theory of Analysis) or Abstract Algebra by the start of the program, and
- be motivated to study mathematics
The fee to participate is $100.00 (per research group/problem) and will be payable to the BSM North American Office using Paypal. BSM will email you an invoice once you have been accepted.
June 7-July 30, 2021
Course Delivery/Tech Requirement
BSM uses Zoom for online meetings. You do not need to have a Zoom account in order to participate. However, you will have to download a Zoom app to your device, in order to be able to connect to class meetings. We strongly encourage all students to have access to high quality internet and a computer with webcam and microphone.
If you are a BSM Alum, email Deb Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we hope to welcome students back to a full program in the near future, we have made the decision to use some of our reserves to provide this opportunity to students who are passionate about mathematics and are willing to take on extra work in addition to their regular classes this fall. It is also an opportunity for our organization to continue to support our exceptional teacher-scholars in Hungary who have been affected by the closure of our tuition supported program.