ASPSA is hiring tutors
The Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) is hiring tutors for the fall 2022 semester. Interested in applying? Job descriptions and links to apply can be found here.
Who is ASPSA?
Located centrally on campus, the Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes (ASPSA) supports the academic, personal and professional development needs of all student-athletes at NC State. Each semester, hundreds of Wolfpack student-athletes benefit from ASPSA’s tutoring services, thanks to the efforts of our tutors and mentors.
Learn more about our services here.
Current Tutor Perspective
“If you want to work in a place where you can demonstrate your knowledge and also continue to learn, if you want to work in a place where your voice is heard and where you can hear the voices of others, if you want to be a part of a welcoming, team-like atmosphere, ASPSA is the place for you.” -William Christy, current ASPSA Tutor.
Learn more about William’s experience here.
Qualifications for all positions:
- Must have at least a 3.25 cumulative grade point average,
- Demonstrate proficiency in coursework and/or have received a B+ or higher in the courses selected to tutor.
- Must abide by North Carolina State University, NCAA and ASPSA rules and regulations.
- Must be able to teach academic success strategies to a diverse student population in a one-on-one or small group setting. Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and have skills to develop written reports.
- Must be attentive to detail and accurate in record keeping.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Preference can be given to individuals who have tutoring experience or other educational qualifications.
- Preference is given to individuals who are a sophomore or higher standing.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Jody Moylon at firstname.lastname@example.org.