Honors Program Results
Over the last 25 years, 222 students have completed the Math Honors Program. We are proud of their accomplishments!
- 172 students went on to graduate school or professional study, and 50 took excellent jobs.
- 109 continued with Ph.D. study, 52 in math and 57 in math-related areas. Graduate schools included Princeton, MIT, Cambridge (UK), Stanford, Wisconsin, NYU, Cornell, UCLA, Maryland, Rutgers, and the University of Texas at Austin.
- 59 went on for master’s degrees, 35 in math and 24 in math-related areas.
- Three went to medical school and one to law school.
- Over 80 students participated in NSF-sponsored Research Experiences for Undergraduates.
- 57 studied abroad, including 42 at the Budapest Semesters in Mathematics. NC State ranks in the top ten nationally among schools sending students to the Budapest Semesters, and is the only public institution in the top ten.
- Three students won Gates Cambridge Scholarships to the University of Cambridge (UK).
- 19 students won NSF Graduate Fellowships.
- Three students won Department of Defense Graduate Fellowships.
- One student won a Fulbright award.
- One student won a Ford Foundation Fellowship.
- Seven students won Goldwater Scholarships.